Sunday, November 22, 2009

Tioman Island adventure

First of all, getting to Tioman Island was an adventure in and of itself. My folks had to take a taxi to Mersing and a ferry to Tioman Island and I had to meet them via a 50-seater charter plane. One you get to the island though, it’s all relaxation. This island is the most beatiful place. You feel like you’re in the middle of nowhere with nobody watching you and nobody caring. That’s perfect bliss for me.

After frolicking in the pleasant sun for days, we arranged to go to the rainforest with a guide. Mohammad was our rainforest guide through this vivacious island jungle…and boy did he know his stuff. We were pleasantly amused by the amount of things God has put in the rainforest for mankind to seek out and use in times of need.

By the way, I always had a fantasy of hiding in the forest, pledging my secrets to the overpowering trees. Well, I must say the rainforest turned out to be not as friendly and as forgiving as I had last imagined it to be 20 years ago.

It was mesmerizing to venture through the fauna and discover God’s hidden treasures on Earth. Definitely an eye-opening experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment